Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fixing a broken heart (aka eyeshadow)

I just got a new eyeshadow palette.  So new that of eight colours I only used.  Then in one lousy moment where I was half asleep carry my unzipped makeup bag it dropped out and....
I broke  2 pans of eyeshadow ='( boo hoooo  one was slighty cracked at the top and bottom and the other one (the matte brown one) was broken into a million pieces...

But I had a solution!  Thanks to my hours and hours of watching youtube makeup gurus doing all kinds of tutorials (yep, instead of doing work).

Once again I didn't get this idea from just one guru but I watched several and used different ideas from different gurus.

So here is what my eyeshadow palette looked like cracked & broken:


And here is what it looked like after I "fixed it":


If you're interested to know how I did it...please read on! =)

I put it on top of white facial tissue so it could catch any fly aways.

The key ingredient to get it back together is isopropyl alcohol. (I used 70% from Guardian at almost SGD$4)

I also used a toothpick and a mini mini spatula

So I worked on the most damaged eye shadow first by using a toothpick to crush it into fine powder.  I moved it into a small cup because it was easier to work with (word of advise though, don't use a cup use a container with a flat surface NOT a curved surface).

I dropped several drops of the alcohol and mixed it up with the toothpick until it was paste-like.  Then I put it back into the eyeshadow pan and flattened it out with the mini mini spatula.  Finally, I covered my finger with the facial tissue and pressed (don't be afraid to press HARD) on the eyeshadow until it was reasonably flat.
I left it to dry and work on the other broken eyeshadow...

(As you could see previously)The other eyeshadow was not as badly broken as the brown one and I didn't want to powderize the WHOLE pan...so I gently cracked the broken area only then dropped in the alcohol.  Smoothed it out with the mini mini spatula and then lay tissue ontop and flattened it with my finger. (This way is better than wrapping it around my finger)

Sweep away the leftover powder and TADA!  It's "almost" as good as new! (Should leave it to let the alcohol evaporate for about an hour to over night)

No comments:

Post a Comment