Monday, October 25, 2010

Do it Myself Brush Guards

I got this idea from a video in youtube...


Click here to watch the video


I don't know what those mats are called exactly so I will call them anti-slip mats. =)

I saw them selling 5 for a dollar at Fair Price (the Tops Supermaket of Singapore) and said why not?!


I tried to sew the first few but I suck at sowing so I decided to just tape it and it still works the same. As you can see in the picture below the one on the left is sewn and the one on the right is taped with regular scotch tape.


You just wrap the mat around your brush (any size brush) and cut it if you need to. Before sewing it or taping it test if the brush can slip through just right (not slip through easily or get stuck).
1.  Here's my face brush
2.  Here I'm sliding it in
3.  And it fits just right!
Basically this is to help keep [makeup] brushes in shape especially after washing them. The professional or "real" brush guards look like this:

Watch it here in Michelle Phan's youtube tutorial.




(Can someone help me I forgot how to put youtube videos straight onto my blog instead of having to link them) Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Genius! Hahahah!

    About the youtube thingy. Go to the youtube, click on the video you're interested to post on your blog, look for "embed" and copy the formula they give you, and paste in on your blog post.

    ReplyDelete