Friday, November 5, 2010

4-Step Eyeshadow

I got my sister and myself a Coastal Scents 28 piece Eye Shadow Neutral Palette.  This post is to help her get started on using he eyeshadows.  This is my "theory" and how I use it...like I said I'm no professional! =D
There are so many colours that I didn't know where to start!


But I got an idea from Maybeline's eyeshadow quad in Sunlit Bronze.  At the back of this palette they tell you how and where to put on the shadows.
So basically there are four areas to use the shadows: The lid, the crease, the outer corner and the brow bone.
1. Lid - Just sweep the brush left and right across you eye lid.
2. Crease - "dig in" and sweep the brush back and forth where your crease is.
3.Out Corner - Blend in circular motion 
4. Brow bone - Sweep across you brow bone the are under your eye brows
and the edge of your other eye shadows

So from that basic step that's how I've been using my eye shadows.

You just need to make sure that 1.) the colours will blend well or look good together and 2.) The one on the lid is lighter colour than the crease, the crease is darker than the lid colour, and the outer corner is darkest (usually dark brown,black or grey). The brow bone colour is always the lightest and is the hi-lighter.  So this applies with any eyeshadow you're using.

First off in this Coastal Scents 28 Piece Neutral Palette I'm using, the first 2 rows on the right are hi-lighter colours and you can use which ever one you feel like.

Ok so here are some of the colours I have use together...there are more but I forgot the combination...  #1 is for the lid, #2 is for the crease, #3 is for the outer corner and #4 is for the brow bone.  From here you can play around with whatever colours you like and I'm sure it'll turn out just fine because it did with me!





My motto?...if I can do it so can you!

1 comment:

  1. Sis, thanks for this. I tried the first combination today. It turned out well. Love you

    ReplyDelete